Rumble is an online video-sharing platform where content creators can upload videos and monetize their work. If you’re new to this platform, you may be wondering whether it’s as good as other video-sharing platforms like YouTube. Keep reading, as this article will answer all your questions and show you how to make money on Rumble!
Rumble was founded in 2013 to empower small content creators and give them a place to express themselves.
After a slow start, Rumble started to gain traction:
- 2016 Rumble was ranked a top 50 video site
- 2018 Quantcast ranked Rumble a top 10 mobile site
- Q3 2021 Rumble surpasses 36 million average monthly users
- Viewer engagement grew x44 times from 2020 to 2021 to 8 billion minutes watched per month!
Today, Rumble enjoys over 78 million monthly active users, and with its allowance of free speech, easy-to-use interface, and generous revenue-sharing model, it’s no wonder many creators are making the switch from YouTube.
Let’s take a look in more detail.
How to Make Money on Rumble: Revenue Options
Rumble is a UGC (User Generated Content) platform where anyone can sign up for a free account and start uploading videos.
The platform earned around $39 million in 2022 and primarily makes money through revenue share partnerships, advertising fees, and licensing.
There are multiple different ways to make money on the Rumble video platform which depend on the type of account you open and the licensing options you choose.
Revenue options include:
1. Rumble Player Revenue
When you upload a video to Rumble, you can earn ad revenue based on views, impressions, and clicks.
The exact amount you earn will not be fixed, as it depends on certain factors, such as the type of ads shown and what country the views are coming from.
2. Partner Earnings
Rumble has partnerships with many large brands and businesses, such as MSN, Yahoo, Xbox, and many others.
Your videos may get chosen for syndication, which means they will get shown on some of these platforms and earn additional income.
Ad income will vary here as well, depending on the unique syndication deal in place.
3. Video Licensing
Rumble also licenses creators’ videos so they can be used by third parties.
If one of your videos is chosen for licensing, you earn a cut of that fee, which will depend on the licensing agreement terms.
4. YouTube Revenue
The Rumble YouTube channel has a substantial following of 128 thousand followers (at the time of writing this).
Occasionally, Rumble creator videos will get shared on their YouTube channel, and if yours is chosen, you’ll earn a portion of any ad revenue generated.
5. Rumble Video Challenges
When Rumble hosts a video challenge, you can earn extra revenue if your video ranks or wins.
Want to make more money from your videos?
Take a look at TubeBuddy’s powerful tools to optimize your videos and get more views.
How to Set Up Your Rumble Account for Monetization
To make money on Rumble, you first need to sign up for a free personal account or a publisher account.
A free account allows you to make money from your videos only on Rumble, and a Publisher account allows you to earn revenue from your videos being shared on partner sites.
Follow these steps:
- Go to Rumble.com. Click ”Sign Up” and follow the registration process
- Complete your profile by adding relevant details such as your name, email address, and PayPal account so you can receive payments
- Agree to Rumble’s terms and conditions and confirm your email when you receive a confirmation message
- Edit your profile by adding a profile picture and writing a description
- Join the Rumble partner program. There are no minimum follower or view requirements like with YouTube, so you can sign up for this immediately
- Set your account preferences and choose licensing options for your videos
Overview of Rumble Licensing Options
The Rumble licensing option you choose for your videos will affect how much you get paid, so it’s important to choose carefully.
Here are your options:
- Rumble Only. Choose the Rumble Only option if you want your videos to solely be watched on the Rumble platform. You’ll earn advertising revenue from ads shown on these videos.
- Personal Use. Using this option, you keep the rights to your videos, but they’ll not be monetized or searchable.
- Video Management (Exclusive) or Video Management (Excluding YouTube). This option allows Rumble to share your videos with different partner sites. Interested companies will pay for the right to use your videos, and you’ll receive a cut of the revenue.
Tips to Maximize Earnings with Your Rumble Account
Take a look at these tips to make even more money on Rumble:
Promote Your Videos
To help your Rumble follower numbers grow, it helps if you stay proactive and spend time promoting your videos.
Here are a few ideas:
- Post to social media platforms. Use social media to grow your reach and drive new traffic to your Rumble account.
- Use search engine optimization (SEO). It’s important to use white-label SEO best practices to get your videos found in search. This includes using your target keyword in the video title and description and tagging your video with popular keywords relating to the topic.
- Cross-promote with other creators. As a new Rumble creator, you can reach a wider audience by collaborating with influencers and established creators on the platform.
- Embed video content on your website. If you have a blog or email list, share your videos on these other platforms. Encourage your readers to like and share your videos to get even more traffic.
- Use video marketing tools. There are many free video marketing tools to help you create quality videos and market them effortlessly.
Know Your Audience
If you understand your audience and what they want to watch, you can create video content that aligns with these needs.
Follow these steps to find your niche:
- Check trending topics by using Rumble’s Discovery feature and read about trending niches
- Talk to your audience and ask them what type of videos they’d like to see
- Experiment by posting different types of video content and using Rumble analytics to see which videos perform the best
Post High-Quality Videos
The fastest way to lose Rumble subscribers is by posting bad-quality video content!
To earn money consistently from your Rumble account, take the time to invest in a high-quality microphone and camera.
If you need help in the beginning, check out these AI video maker tools.
Make sure your videos are engaging, and edit out any unnecessary fluff and repetition. Also, ensure the sound quality is high so people can hear what you’re saying!
Other tips for success include:
- Diversify your content to keep people engaged e.g., vlogs, tutorials, how-tos
- Stick to a consistent posting schedule and upload videos regularly
Participate in the Rumble Community
Staying active in the Rumble community can lead to new partnerships and increased revenue.
Chat with other creators in the Reddit Rumble Forum. Here, you can make friends, share ideas, and set up possible collaborations.
What Kind of Rumble Videos Make the Most Money?
The type of Rumble videos that make the most money are entertaining and informative.
While it’s difficult to determine who the top earners are, the most followed accounts with the highest number of viewers are likely to be doing well.
A few examples include:
How Much Does Rumble Pay?
Videos can make anywhere between $2 and $20 per 1,000 video views, with earnings dependent on a few factors:
- The number of views your videos get
- Type of ads placed on your videos
- Whether you have a free account or a publisher account
- Content types and audience engagement
- The geographical location of viewers
Rumble Vs YouTube: What Are the Differences?
Now you know how to make money on Rumble, let’s take a look at Rumble Vs YouTube to find out what the differences are.
The main differences I came across were:
You Can Make Money Immediately on Rumble
With a new Rumble publisher account, you can join the partner program immediately and start monetizing your videos.
YouTube requires you to grow your channel to a minimum of 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours before you can start earning advertising revenue.
YouTube is Known to Censor or Remove Videos that Violate Policy
If your YouTube videos go against their company policy, they’ll likely be taken down, and your monetization system will be disabled.
Rumble is known as a free speech platform and will not stifle or censor video content.
RumBle Allows You to Sell the Rights to Your Videos
YouTube content creators retain all rights to their videos uploaded to the platform.
Rumble allows you to license your videos so they can be used on different platforms and earn extra revenue.
Final Thoughts on How to Make Money on Rumble
If you’ve enjoyed reading about how to make money on Rumble, now is the time to jump in and start making money from this new knowledge!
By taking advantage of the multiple ways to earn with this platform, such as ad revenue, licensing, and uploading videos to multiple platforms, you can enjoy a better chance of success.
Remember, creating quality video content is the most important first step, and promoting it across social media platforms is an excellent way to drive traffic and get more followers.
Interested in starting a YouTube channel as well?