So, you’ve probably heard about this new generative AI tool called ChatGPT (and maybe you’re even using it already)!
This is a mind-blowing advancement in artificial intelligence that’s shaking things up in the digital world. Of course, it’s not just a cool gadget for tech geeks to play around with – it’s also an opportunity for savvy affiliate marketers to earn more money.
In today’s fast-paced affiliate marketing landscape, it’s important to stay on top of the latest trends, and I can guarantee that AI is here to stay. With ChatGPT and similar tools at your disposal, you can turbocharge your productivity, boost your affiliate marketing efforts, and ultimately make more than ever before.
In this guide, we’re going to explore 5 actionable ways to leverage this AI “copilot” to grow your income as an affiliate. Read on to learn how to make money with ChatGPT by unlocking new opportunities, attracting more customers, and skyrocketing your profits!
Join more than 117,000 affiliate marketers!
Get expert affiliate marketing insights delivered right to your inbox. Plus, subscribe now for a step-by-step guide to getting started on ClickBank!
What is ChatGPT?
Okay, so, what exactly is ChatGPT?
Chat Generative Pre-training Transformer (ChatGPT) is a cutting-edge language model developed by OpenAI, designed to have interactive and conversational abilities. ChatGPT is sometimes referred to as an “AI chatbot,” because you can have a conversation with this AI and it can understand and respond to your queries virtually.
At the time of this writing, ChatGPT is available as a free version (ChatGPT-3.5) and a $20/month Plus version (ChatGPT-4). I personally have been testing ChatGPT-4 to help with producing ClickBank content, so I’ll be sharing some insights I’ve learned to help you make the most of this tool.
With that said, here are a few quick ways that ChatGPT can change the game for affiliate marketers.
First off, generating content ideas is a lot easier. You don’t need to spend hours wracking your brain for that perfect blog topic or social media post – you can simply ask ChatGPT for suggestions! It’ll assist you in brainstorming fresh and engaging ideas that will resonate with your target audience, which saves a lot of time and effort.
Next is organizing data. As an affiliate marketer, you deal with heaps of information, from traffic analytics to customer demographic data. ChatGPT can help you sift through this data, organize it efficiently, and provide you with quick summaries and recommendations. It’s just like having a personal assistant dedicated to managing your data and keeping things organized. (I’ve even heard some people hyping the possibility of this function making old-fashioned spreadsheets obsolete. I wouldn’t mind that so much!)
ChatGPT can also be your trusty sounding board. Ever wanted to have a collaborator who’s always there for you and offers feedback on your marketing concepts and strategies? Just bounce it off ChatGPT! It can offer insights, suggestions, and even help you fine-tune your messaging.
Fun fact: ChatGPT is said to have trained on 100 trillion parameters and 300 billion words! So whether you’re a seasoned affiliate marketer or you’re still just starting out, this AI has your back.
Together, let’s find out how this powerhouse can give you that extra edge in the competitive world of affiliate marketing!
Getting Started on ChatGPT
Getting started with Chat GPT is easy and doesn’t require a whole lot of extra training once you’re signed in. Here are the steps:
1. To start working with the ChatGPT AI tool, you need to first go to the OpenAI website at https://www.openai.com.
2. Navigate through the page to find the ChatGPT section on the website. You can also access information to explore and learn more about the tool’s capabilities and usage.
3. Click on the “Sign up” or “Try ChatGPT” button to access the ChatGPT interface. This will take you to the OpenAI Playground or the OpenAI API, depending on the available options at the time.
4. If the OpenAI Playground is available, you can use it for free and experiment with ChatGPT. If you’re interested in integrating ChatGPT into your own applications or projects, you may need to sign up for the OpenAI API and follow their specific instructions.
5. Once you’re in the ChatGPT interface, you can start a conversation by typing in the text box. You can introduce yourself or provide some context for the conversation.
6. After entering your message, the AI will respond with a generated text response based on its training. You can continue the conversation by responding to the generated text and engaging in a back-and-forth dialogue.
Now, here are a few tips for making the most of this AI before we dive into specific money-making strategies:
- Be specific: ChatGPT is a lot more useful when you’re highly targeted with your questions and prompts. If you prompt a vague question like you’d type into the Google search bar, you won’t get the quality answers you’re looking for with ChatGPT.
- Experiment: ChatGPT is just a machine. So, don’t expect it to give you a perfect response on the first attempt. Keep trying with different phrasing and context – provide as much information as you can to guide the model and improve the quality of its responses.
- Use system messages: You can use system messages, which are instructions or guidance provided to the model within square brackets, to help steer the conversation. For example, you can use a system message like “[You are a helpful assistant.]” to set the behavior or role you want the AI to assume.
- Control the output: By specifying the maximum tokens for a response, you can control the length of the generated output. This lets you get concise or detailed responses based on your preference.
- Take Precautions: Always be cautious with your personal information and avoid sharing any personal, sensitive, or confidential information when using ChatGPT. The model does not have memories of previous interactions, but exercise caution to protect your privacy and security.
Though this AI tool can provide useful information and assistance, it’s important that you critically evaluate and verify the responses for accuracy and reliability!
5 Ways to Make Money with ChatGPT as an Affiliate
Now, let’s talk about ways to make money with ChatGPT as an affiliate marketer!
As a quick refresher for anyone who’s new to affiliate marketing, your overall goal is to promote products and earn a commission for each sale you generate.
You can start by creating your own tracking link from an affiliate network like ClickBank.
Once you have your tracking link, you can place it in various places online, spread the word, and get people to click the link and go buy the product! (See this article on HopLink promotion strategies for more ideas!)
Now, here are just some of the various tasks that affiliates tackle on a daily basis:
- Content Creation: This is every affiliate’s key task, which is to grab people’s attention to click on the affiliate links. AI can help with idea generation, outlining, and even writing your content for you!
- Social Media Promotion: Social media platforms are a goldmine for affiliates to build trust and drive traffic to affiliate offers. Speed up the content creation process with AI!
- Email Marketing: Building an email list and nurturing your subscribers can work wonders for your affiliate business, and AI can help with campaign ideas, email copy, and so on.
- Search Engine Optimization: Search engine optimization (SEO) is closely aligned with content creation, but you can use AI to write blog headlines, suggest topics, analyze the competition, and even conduct keyword research.
- Paid Advertising: If you’re doing paid advertising, you’ll need to come up with interesting content hooks or angles, write scripts, and more. AI really shines at these tasks for paid!
- Product Reviews and Recommendations: Your potential customers are always on the lookout for honest opinions and recommendations to address their pain points and solve their problems. AI can help you produce editorial review content.
With those ideas in mind, let’s get more concrete and touch on 5 ways that AI can help you be a more effective and efficient affiliate!
1) Generate Headline Ideas
ChatGPT can be your secret weapon for generating catchy headlines for your blog posts, emails, and social media posts.
Coming up with attention-grabbing headlines can be a slog sometimes. But ChatGPT is a powerful tool that can brainstorm and generate killer headline ideas for you – as many as you want!
I’ve already used it to help with headline ideas for YouTube videos, live presentations, landing pages, and email subject lines! The possibilities are endless.
Here’s how you can put this AI tool to work:
- Blog Post Headlines: Looking to spice up your blog post titles? Just toss a topic or a keyword at ChatGPT, and it’ll whip up some great suggestions. For example, if you’re writing a blog about home renovation tips, you could ask ChatGPT for a headline like “10 Unforgettable Home Hacks That Will Change the Way You Renovate!”
- Email Subject Lines: We all know how important it is to nail subject lines to get your emails opened. ChatGPT can help you craft irresistible subject lines that make people eager to click. Let’s say you’re sending out a newsletter about a new product launch – you could ask ChatGPT for something like “Introducing the Game-Changer You’ve Been Waiting For: Get Ready to Level Up!”
- Social Media Hooks and Captions: In the vast world of social media, you need your posts to stand out from the crowd. Ask ChatGPT for attention-grabbing hooks like “Stop Scrolling! This Life-Changing Tip Will Revolutionize Your Game!”
ChatGPT can spark your creativity and offer fresh ideas you might not have thought of on your own. Plus, you can tweak and customize the suggestions to fit your brand and style.
Once you know the trick, there’s nothing stopping you from slaying the headline game, creating content that grabs the audience’s attention, and of course, make money!
Prompt Example: Headline ideas for an upcoming live event I’m holding for ClickBank’s community.
The Result: I came up with a title that incorporated some of these suggestions from ChatGPT: “Profitable Content Made Easy: A 3-Step System for Affiliate Blog Success”
2) Create Affiliate Content
ChatGPT is efficient and effective when it comes to creating affiliate marketing content. This AI can assist you in generating topic ideas, streamlining research, and even writing the content for your blog posts, emails, ad copy, landing pages, and video scripts!
Let’s break down how you can leverage this AI to create top-notch content.
- Research is a vital aspect of creating high-quality content, and ChatGPT can help you expedite the process. Ask it specific questions or request information on a particular topic, and it can provide you with relevant insights, statistics, or even links to reputable sources. This helps you gather valuable data and strengthen the credibility of your content. Of course, the AI can be overconfident, so make sure you fact-check before you post!
- Everyone faces writer’s block all the time. The AI can lend a virtual hand there too! You can use the AI to generate introductions, outlines, or even full paragraphs for your content. It’s like having an AI writing assistant by your side. However, remember to review and edit the output to ensure it aligns with your style, adds a personal touch, and is optimized for the platform where you’re publishing it.
- To create content that engages readers and drives traffic, this AI can be really handy. Not only can it write content, but it can also offer analytics insights to help you find what’s working with your audience, edit existing content to match a different tone or style, and a whole lot more!
Learning about ChatGPT will also reveal that you can write a great advertisement read with its help! However, you’ve always got to check the results without believing in them blindly and make sure the content doesn’t sound artificial.
If not, your investment is at stake, which is not just your money but also your reputation!
Prompt Example: Writing a new blog post with ChatGPT using an outline also created by ChatGPT.
The Result: It created a solid outline and first draft for me, and then I went forward to finish the article from there, adding images, examples, links, and other elements to polish it up.
3) Conduct Niche Research
When it comes to affiliate marketing, understanding your niche inside-out is crucial. That’s where ChatGPT comes to the rescue, serving as your research companion and helping you gather valuable data and insights.
Imagine this: You’re an affiliate marketer in the education niche, and you want to create content that resonates with your target audience. Instead of spending hours scrolling through countless blogs and websites, you can turn to this AI for quick and efficient niche research.
Niche research isn’t just about asking ChatGPT specific questions or asking it to go through the enormous database. Although it does give you enough clarity, you’ve got to go more in-depth than that.
Engage in conversation with the AI to identify content gaps and areas that have been extensively explored. By filling these content gaps, you position yourself as an authority and attract more visitors to your affiliate offers.
A competitor’s analysis is always your best friend! You can ask ChatGPT to analyze successful affiliate marketers or popular websites in your niche and analyze their strategies. You won’t just learn from others’ successes – you’ll also get to apply effective tactics to your own affiliate marketing strategies.
Remember, ChatGPT is definitely a valuable tool for niche research. However, you’ve got to verify the information it provides and conduct additional research to ensure accuracy and reliability. With that said, this AI serves as a valuable ally in gathering data, discovering insights, shaping your affiliate marketing strategy within your niche and helping you make money.
Prompt Example: Requesting ideas for hooks and angles to promote a ClickBank hearing loss supplement on Facebook Ads.
The Result: I’m not a paid ad expert, but I gave this a try just to see what it could do. It came up with 7 pretty clever ideas for ad creative for this scenario, including a “silent movie era” aesthetic with captions about the “silent world” of hearing loss. Not bad!
4) Create an SEO Strategy
So, you want to get your affiliate website to rank high on search engines and attract more visitors, huh? Well, you’re in luck because ChatGPT can be your SEO sidekick, helping you optimize your blog and bring in that organic traffic.
You know, those magic words that help search engines understand what your website is all about? You can have a chat with the AI and ask for keyword suggestions that are relevant to your niche topics. Whether you’re looking for fancy long-tail keywords or popular high-volume ones, ChatGPT has got your back. It’ll give you insights that can supercharge your keyword strategy and boost your search engine rankings.
ChatGPT can even “spy” on your competitors’ websites and their blogs (don’t worry, it’s all legal). Just ask it about successful affiliate sites in your niche, and it’ll spill the beans on their SEO tactics. You’ll learn all about their content structure, keyword usage, and sneaky backlink strategies. Armed with this knowledge, you can up your SEO game and implement strategies that’ll leave your competitors scratching their heads.
We’ve already covered how it helps with content creation, and you already know that it ain’t just about keywords and content ideas. But did you know this AI can also help you with on-page optimization? You can pick its brain about meta tags, headings, image alt tags, and other on-page elements that make search engines swoon.
By following these best practices, you’ll make your website more search engine-friendly, increase your chances of reaching the top of the search results, and of course, make money.
Prompt Example: Topic and keywords suggestions for a blog.
The Result: ChatGPT gave me 20 ideas for keywords on my personal music blog, many of which I haven’t targeted yet. I still used an SEO tool – Ahrefs – to validate which ones to target, but this was a helpful starting point!
5) Streamline Tasks
Having a virtual assistant is great! But as an affiliate, if you’re thinking that’s the only thing ChatGPT can do, then you’re wrong! This AI tool can help you streamline a bunch of everyday tasks and make your life smoother.
What else is in its bag, you ask? Let’s dig right in!
- Schedule Management: Keeping up with a busy schedule can be a real juggling act. Ask ChatGPT to create schedules, set reminders, and create notes. It can even suggest the best time slots for your tasks!
- Email Composition: Writing emails can sometimes be boring and slow. This AI tool can help you with email reply suggestions and help you craft creative responses that get the job done – and fast!
- Data Organization: Ah, the joy of dealing with heaps of data as an affiliate marketer. You can share your joy with ChatGPT by asking it to create summaries and generate reports. Data management has never been so easy and fun!
And that’s not all! You also get an in-house editor and proofreader! It can give you grammar and style suggestions to polish your blog posts, social media content, and any other promotional content.
ChatGPT can simplify your daily tasks and free up more time for what really matters: growing your affiliate business and creating opportunities to make money.
Prompt Example: Suggesting how to tackle my list of priorities for the day.
The Result: It gave me a reasonably good order for chunking out my day. I probably could have provided a more detailed prompt with my own ideas about what was the top priority, but it’s not a bad way to quickly turn a series of potential tasks into an organized to-do list.
Advanced Prompting Ideas and Tips
No matter what you want ChatGPT to help you with, it’s important to get good at inputting detailed prompts.
The only way you can interact with ChatGPT (for now) is by typing in what you want it to do. It does have a character limit of about 4000 characters (500 words), but that gives you a LOT of room to get incredibly specific with what ChatGPT should do for you!
Here’s just one example of a vague prompt:
Write me a draft email to promote my new blog post about “ChatGPT tips.”
And what a more advanced prompt looks like:
Could you help me draft an email to my audience of blog subscribers? The email is intended for a targeted audience that’s looking to grow their affiliate marketing business using ChatGPT, and should incorporate the following 3 tips from my blog post: (1) Generate Headline Ideas; (2) Create Affiliate Content; (3) Conduct Niche Research.
The good news is, even if you don’t quite get it right the first time, you can always refine your request in subsequent replies, because ChatGPT remembers what came before in the conversation. Here’s what you could do with our email example:
Can you rephrase the email copy you wrote to be more casual and conversational in tone?
A few other key tips:
- Try starting out your prompt by defining what role ChatGPT should assume. For example, you can say, “You are my management consultant” or “you are a copy editor.” This way, the AI has more context about what it’s going to help you with.
- There are multi-step workflows with ChatGPT that can take your results to another level. One of my favorites is to (1) input your initial prompt; (2) asks ChatGPT if there’s anything missing or anything it could improve about its own response; (3) ask ChatGPT to “resolve” the difference between its original output and its own suggestions for improvement. This is a powerful workflow for more advanced problems, such as requests for coding or strategic advice.
- Sometimes, you get so far afield with your conversational thread that it’s wise to start over with a brand-new prompt. However, you can always pull in the results from a previous chat to use in your new one. As an example, I’ll often generate a blog outline in one chat, refine it with ChatGPT until I like where it’s at, and then take the resulting outline to prompt a new chat and ask ChatGPT to help write the post, one section at a time.
Of course, there are many more advanced techniques you can learn and utilize with ChatGPT and other AI tools. I encourage you to experiment with other ideas to see what works best for you.
And obviously, the capabilities of these tools will continue to evolve over time. But these tips should steer you in the right direction!
The Downsides of ChatGPT and AI Tools
Hopefully by now, you’ve learned a lot you can put into practice to get more value out of ChatGPT!
But as much as we’ve been raving about the impressive benefits of ChatGPT, it’s important not to get too starry-eyed about this and other AI software. ChatGPT isn’t perfect and it’s not always the best tool for every task.
Here are a few of the potential downsides, limitations, and drawbacks you might encounter when using AI tools like this one.
Unnecessary Steps in Your Workflow
I’ve actually heard some of ClickBank’s Platinum clients sharing their experiences experimenting with AI, and believe it or not, many of these elite marketers felt like AI tools added unnecessary steps to the creative process.
If you already have a clear vision of what you want to create or are a seasoned pro at tasks like copywriting, relying on an AI tool can actually increase the time spent! That’s because instead of starting from scratch and doing it the way you would do it from the very beginning, you have to invest extra time in undoing or “correcting” what the AI generates for you.
It’s like adding an extra layer of work that you might not need. That’s why it’s important to figure out which steps in your workflow may benefit from AI – and which ones may not.
Inaccurate Data and Questionable Sourcing
Another important point to note is that while ChatGPT is an incredible language model, it’s not infallible when it comes to facts and sourcing. If you plan to use it to write a blog or any content with factual information, it’s crucial to verify everything it provides. Proofreading it before you hit the “publish” button will save you time and possibly even your reputation!
Don’t just hit copy-paste because it is smarter and quicker. I know it’s tempting, but original content will fetch you far better results for any campaign. AI tools are a fantastic way to help you out of writer’s block and inspire you to write a perfect blog post, paid ad, or landing page.
However, the real magic comes from understanding your customer and coming up with good ideas.
Unresolved Legal Questions
If all of your content is produced by an AI, then do you technically own the copyright to it?
Or what if you’re out there promoting a product and giving advice in your niche, and then someone sues you because they feel like your business caused them some kind of harm? Are you liable, or is the AI?
And of course, if you use content from ChatGPT without citing any sources, could someone come along and credibly claim that you plagiarized them and their work?
Obviously, it’s too early in the lifetime of generative AI to have a definitive answer to all these legal questions, but it should give you pause if you were thinking of outsourcing the production of your entire library of content and promotional materials to an AI tool like ChatGPT.
I’ve seen some people suggest that an AI tool is currently best used as a “first draft machine.” In other words, you can use it to get the ideas flowing and help you think about your topic in a broader way – but it’s thorny for a lot of reasons to copy and paste what the AI generates and pass it off as your own words.
Earn Money with Chat GPT Wrap-up
Time to wrap things up! Let’s quickly recap what we’ve covered and why you should seriously consider adding ChatGPT to your ever-growing list of affiliate marketing tools.
In this article, we’ve explored the incredible potential of ChatGPT for revolutionizing your affiliate marketing game. We’ve seen how it can assist with niche research, optimizing your website for search engines, coming up with ideas for paid ads, streamlining tasks, and helping you break through creative block.
Now, it’s time to take action and integrate ChatGPT into your workflow! We encourage you to combine the power of ChatGPT with the expert training you can get from Spark by ClickBank on your preferred traffic method – whether it’s email marketing, social media, paid advertising, or blogging. It’s a winning combination that can skyrocket your success.
Remember, success in affiliate marketing comes to those who are willing to adapt, learn, and experiment. By adding ChatGPT to your toolkit and tapping into the vast knowledge and assistance it offers, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a true affiliate marketing master!