If you’ve been selling on Amazon for a while, you’ll notice how the landscape for sellers is constantly changing.
Whether it’s changes to Amazon’s rules, increased competition, or inflation driving up prices, there is always something to keep up as an Amazon seller.
Have you ever wished that you could find a list of updates or new strategies you could implement to boost your sales on Amazon?
Well, your wish is our command! We have an awesome list of tips and tricks for you to boost your Amazon sales in 2023.
In this article, we’ll share a few ideas for how to increase sales on Amazon. Implementing these strategies might be what you need to take your business to the next level!
- Stand out from the competition
- Enroll in Amazon Brand Registry
- Boost your Amazon sales with your existing audience
- Think globally
- Create content to drive traffic to your listings
- Manage your inventory properly
- Increase Amazon sales through products with WIDE keywords
- Utilize influencer marketing strategies
- Use social commerce to boost your Amazon sales
- Outsource, outsource, outsource
- Remember your brand is more than a product
1. Stand out from the competition
To stand out from the growing competition on Amazon, you need to find your key differentiator. What is the customer’s “pain point” that other competitors are not addressing?
Your listing copy, product images, product videos, and other marketing material should all push that as the first and most vital reason why customers need your product.
The easiest way to do this is to really study your competitors’ product reviews and customer questions:
- What are customers saying about these products?
- What are the top three reasons why customers love this product?
- What are the top three reasons why customers do NOT like this product?
- What information are they looking for when asking a public question on a listing?
- Does the competing product not fulfill some customers’ needs?
If you can solve these pain points and demonstrate that in your images and copywriting, then your changes for converting a visitor into a buyer will significantly increase.
2. Enroll in Amazon Brand Registry
By enrolling your brand with Amazon Brand Registry, you reduce the risk of having someone selling counterfeit products under your brand name, along with many other benefits. In order to enroll your brand, you must have a legally registered trademark. So while it may be costly and time-consuming, getting a trademark is a necessity.
READ MORE | Amazon Hijacking: 5 Ways to Protect Your Listing Right Now
What are the other added benefits of registering your brand?
- A+ Content. Amazon A+ Content provides brand owners with a distinctive feature to create visually captivating product descriptions for their Amazon listings with images, infographics, and templates.
- Amazon Storefronts. Brand owners will have the ability to create a dedicated storefront on the Amazon marketplace. The store will resemble an ecommerce website without any distractions from competitors’ products and ads.
- Customer insights. You’ll have access to the Brand Analytics dashboard, where you can learn more about your customer’s shopping behavior, searches, demographics, and much more.
READ MORE | To learn more about all the benefits you will get as a brand registered seller, check out our article: How to Register Your Brand on Amazon Brand Registry
3. Boost your Amazon sales with your existing audience
Building an audience that loves your brand and products is key to prolonged success on Amazon – and there are plenty of ways to do that!
- Promote on social media. Grow an audience on platforms like Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook by posting creative content around your products and brand. Using social media is a great way to promote your products and drive traffic to Amazon.
- Create a customer engagement campaign in Seller Central. Another perk of being enrolled in Brand Registry is being able to send an email campaign to tailored audiences right in Seller Central. Choose from repeat customers, high-spend customers, recent customers, and brand followers.
For more details on audience building, check out our articles on building your brand and leveraging social media marketing techniques.
4. Think globally
There’s no need to limit yourself to the North American market! Expand into other Amazon marketplaces in Europe, Japan, India, and many more. Other citizens of the world would love to have your products.
The EU market combined, for example, is just as big as the U.S. market but with far fewer Amazon sellers. Also, marketplaces like Japan and Australia are growing fast.
If your products do well in your current marketplace, consider expanding into different countries to further increase your sales and brand awareness.
5. Create content to drive traffic to your listings
If the product(s) you sell on Amazon belong to a specific niche, create a separate website to educate consumers about the niche. And it doesn’t have to be an e-commerce site. It can be a simple WordPress-based site, with pages of 2,000 to 4,000 words covering specific, niche-related topics.
This also gives you the opportunity to introduce your products to new customers while providing educational resources.
If done well, your website can attract a large amount of traffic from organic searches. There are two benefits to this:
- Amazon affiliate. If you link your site to your Amazon listing, and you are registered with Amazon’s affiliate program, you’ll earn a 5 to 15 percent commission on every product purchased by people who clicked on your link. And if it’s your product, you get to double-dip!
- External traffic. By linking your website to your Amazon listing, you’re driving a new source of traffic to your products, which usually leads to an increase in sales.
For more details on how to start a blog, check out our series on building an e-commerce brand both on and off Amazon.
6. Manage your inventory properly
Inventory performance can impact your business more than you might think. For example, Amazon can increase or decrease your storage limits, depending on your inventory performance.
And that’s not all.
Having too much inventory could lead to high storage fees, both short and long term. And having too little could mean you miss out on major sales opportunities.
Fortunately, Jungle Scout offers a top-of-the-line inventory management tool for your Amazon products, called Inventory Manager. Using a data-based tool like this limits human error, which is bound to come into play when making restocking decisions.
The last thing you want, or need, is for Amazon to suspend your seller account due to poor inventory performance.
READ MORE | Check out our complete 2023 guide on Amazon Inventory Management.
7. Increase Amazon sales through products with WIDE keywords
What does going wide with keywords mean? After you identify a few potential products, you need to expand and diversify your keyword research to make sure you can beat your competitors and rank for a ton of those new-found keywords to gain sales.
Products with only a few keywords (e.g. less than 150) will have a tough time succeeding, especially if the competition includes a legacy seller with a ton of reviews.
Products that have a ton of keywords, however, have more opportunities to swoop in and win the sale.
So how do we do it? We do it by using a tool like Keyword Scout, and running a reverse ASIN search on all of your competitors’ products.
Simply find your competitor’s product’s ASIN and enter it into Keyword Scout. Then, after collecting all of the ranking keywords, compile the data to see which competitors are ranking for which keywords.
You’ll be surprised at how poorly some big Amazon sellers are doing when it comes to ranking important keywords. They aren’t even thinking about them!
But their negligence is the perfect opportunity for you, regardless of how many reviews you have (though having some of that social proof will definitely aid in this process).
8. Utilize influencer marketing strategies
Customers are more likely to purchase products from someone they trust, whether it is a well-known brand or a product recommended by a friend. That’s why influencer marketing is a great way for Amazon sellers to help boost their sales.
By having someone review and promote your product to the followers who trust them (and who are interested in the types of products they promote), you are connecting with potential buyers you may not have been able to reach otherwise.
One way to get in front of these captive audiences is to connect with influencers who are related to your product. Reach out to them directly on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, or even through their blog.
For example, if you sell beauty products, contact makeup artists and anyone who promotes beauty products on social media. Ask them if they would be willing to do a demo. And, if they like your product, to promote it to their followers.
These types of influencers usually have set rates for doing this type of marketing, however, so be prepared to shell out some cash! But, there are some influencers who won’t charge a fee, as long as you give them your product for free.
Ultimately, though, it’s all up for negotiation. Communicating with influencers directly is often the best way to get a good deal on this type of marketing.
9. Use social commerce to boost your Amazon sales
Instagram and TikTok have become the perfect spot for e-commerce brands to attract their ideal customer segment.
You can use Instagram’s feed or story ads to post your most popular Amazon items to demographics that are most likely to make a purchase. Plus, if you have an Amazon FBA account, you can create a social media promo code in the Advertising > Promotions section of your account to direct traffic to an Amazon landing page with just your products on it.
And if you have an Amazon FBA account and a Shopify account, you can tag products on Instagram to instantly create an Instagram Sales Channel. All traffic will be directed to your Shopify store where customers can quickly make a purchase, and Amazon will still do all your fulfillment for you.
To top it all off, many Amazon sellers are lowering their pay-per-click (PPC) spend by investing in Instagram ads. And they’re also avoiding all of the competition on Amazon!
Learn more about Instagram Sales Channels.
When it comes to TikTok, brands who are not using the platform may be missing out on thousands of potential viewers and customers. The reach you can achieve on TikTok almost right away is pretty incredible.
Many consumer brands and Amazon sellers started creating viral content around their products and brand that don’t actually feel like an ad or promo. The more natural the video feels the more engagement and interest in your product you will get.
On TikTok, you can add a link to your Amazon product page or ecommerce store to show people where to purchase your product.
READ MORE | How to Sell on TikTok in 2023
10. Outsource, outsource, outsource
You can’t be an expert in every area of Amazon, but there are plenty of experts out there offering their services to Amazon sellers at a reasonable price. And not only will it save you time, it will also help scale your business more quickly.
Some of the best areas to utilize freelancers are copywriting, photography, and PPC; they are key to creating (and maintaining) a successful business. Working with an expert who can take care of these tasks will help you take your business to the next level.
Leave the stuff you don’t know how to do (or do well) to the experts. It will prevent burnout and allow you to clear your mind and concentrate on your next steps.
It’s much easier to grow and scale your business if you focus on the parts of the business where you excel!
READ MORE | How to Hire Amazon FBA Assistants & Freelancers
11. Remember your brand is more than a product
The biggest mistake a lot of new Amazon sellers make is thinking that all they need to succeed are a few good products to create a brand. However, they’re quickly discovering that this is not the case.
A brand stands on three pillars:
- Sales channel
And all three need to work as one. You can find limited success with two out of three (possibly one out of three), but if you want to take your brand to the next level, you’ll need to implement all three.
How will you increase your Amazon sales?
Do you have any tips or tricks that you know will take your business to the next level in 2023? Comment below and let us know what you think about these tips as well as any new ways to boost your business this upcoming year.
Check out our full How to Sell on Amazon Guide for more information on product research, product sourcing, listing creation, and much more.
Explore new product opportunities with Jungle Scout and start making money on Amazon!