Learn the essential skill to promote your new blog and turn your blogging efforts into revenue. Remember, the key to blogging success is not just in producing great content but depends greatly on effective promotional methods.
Blogging – A successful career for anyone, and it is always an exciting endeavour. Starting a blog is easy but running a blog for a long time is a daunting one.
Especially, when it comes to promoting your new blog, it is still more difficult. Many bloggers quit this blogging business because of the difficulty and competition ahead.
With so many blogs already out there, it is hard to get your blog noticed by the target audience.
That’s where it becomes necessary to rank your blog higher on Google and drive organic traffic.
⇒ Online data entry jobs available — Zero Investment, ⇒ Earn Rs 300 to Rs 500 per task, ⇒ https://goo.gl/RcAYw4
⇒ Form Filling Copy Pasting Work — Free registration, ⇒ Earn upto Rs 20000 per month, ⇒ https://goo.gl/RcAYw4
Organic traffic or otherwise called search engine traffic (or natural traffic), refers to the visitors who land on our blog through search engines like Google. The people who visit our blog through search engines are highly targeted.
If you are monetizing your blog with the AdSense program or affiliate marketing – you can see a massive surge in revenue.
Because people engage more on your blog, and this behaviour leads to increased conversions and revenue.
In this article, we will discuss various tips for promoting a new blog and boosting organic traffic.
These include optimizing your blog for search engines, building backlinks and guest blogging. Implementing these strategies can help to boost your initial visibility for your blog and attract new readers.
Optimize Your New Blog for Search Engines
You may all hear of the term SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Driving organic traffic should be the primary goal of every blogger. Therefore, it is a must to learn what is SEO and how it works.
SEO is the process of using various techniques to increase your blog’s visibility in organic search.
Since people use search engines like Google all the time to search for something, every blogger must optimize his/her new blog for search engines.
Search engines have framed certain guidelines in order to show a blog post in their results. SEO is about implementing those guidelines and ensuring to follow them consistently over time.
Not following SEO practices is the biggest blogging mistake this year.
To become a successful blogger, your blog must be easily available and discoverable by search engines.
Start from Keyword Research
Keyword research is the first step in blogging. It is the process of identifying the words (or phrases) that people are using to find information on a topic in search engines.
A blogger with a vision of promoting his new blog needs to conduct keyword research frequently.
It is essential to know which keywords on your blog can generate traffic and improve your blog rank.
This process helps you to discover how many people are interested in a specific keyword and how high the competition is.
Dozens of keyword research tools like SEMRUSH, Ahrefs, SpyFu, and Google Keyword Planner help bloggers to discover keywords.
I always prefer Ahrefs to find long-tail keywords and Google Keyword Planner for other searches.
Implement Best On-Page SEO
Once you have identified the keywords for your blog posts, start searching for content ideas and prepare an article outline.
By now, you may have gained enough knowledge to create SEO-friendly blog posts. At the same time, you should know how to use keywords for better ranking.
Start optimizing your blog posts for on-page SEO by following the below simple strategies.
- Include the primary keyword (focus keyword) in the meta title, page title, and meta description.
- Use headings and sub-headings to organize the blog posts.
- Add secondary keywords in the headings and sub-headings to create topic density.
- Include alt tags (with primary keyword) for all images.
- Link to other relevant blog posts to allow visitors to spend more time on your blog.
- Add some relevant external links to create topical authority.
SEO is important to drive organic traffic to a new blog. With good SEO, it will be much easier to rank your new blog high on search engines.
A few other factors that impact greatly on blog SEO are the blogging platform (you choose) and the hosting service to host your blog.
- Consider using WordPress to build your blog. Though other platforms are available, none can overcome the features and benefits of WordPress.
- Find the right shared web hosting service (fast, reliable, secure, and with 24×7 support). I recommend Raj Softech Hosting services, and the price starts from Rs. 89 per month.
Starting a blog this year incurs an affordable cost, and it will not burn your hands.
Create High-Quality Sharable Content
Another important strategy to promote your new blog is to learn to produce high-quality content. The content has detailed information on the topic.
It is also important to produce sharable content that will appeal to your target audience. Google, in their recent algorithm update, speaks about the importance of subject knowledge.
- Writing clear, thoughtful and engaging content.
- Producing content with valuable information.
- Adding examples, case studies, and sharing experiences.
- Structuring your blog post in an easy-to-read format.
- Adding relevant images, videos, infographics, etc.
Producing long-form articles is another way to communicate more effectively with your audience. Read another article on how long the blog post should be in 2023.
To stand out from the crowd and to engage with your audience – keep producing long content (not less than 2500 words) with rich media.
Add photos, videos, audio, infographics, statistics, graphs, and gifs to add more value to your blog posts.
Creating highly impactful and useful content from the beginning is the important backbone of a successful blog.
Follow the above best practices for keyword research, on-page SEO, and creating sharable content.
You can see your new blog starts gaining visibility and qualifying for better ranking.
Keep in mind that SEO is a continuous process, and it takes time to see results. Till then, you need to stick to it to reap the benefits in the long run.
6 Ways to Promote Your New Blog in 2023
Many new bloggers struggle to drive organic traffic for their newly started blogs.
Why I am insisting hard on driving traffic from search engines?
Because it is free and recurring.
Once you are ranked for a keyword, your new blog will get regular traffic without spending money.
Traffic from search engines is always free, but reaching such a position is hard for blogs started new.
Hard doesn’t mean that it is not possible, but doable by following the below 6 strategies.
1. Leverage Social Media Platforms
New bloggers can get more exposure quickly and efficiently by sharing their blog posts on social media.
These days, people are using social media more than ten hours a day. Therefore, new bloggers can easily find their target audience on these platforms.
As a budding blogger, you will get many benefits when using social media to promote your new blog.
- Increase Blog Traffic: Regularly sharing your blog post pulls people from social media to your blog. Additionally, if the content provides value, they might consider sharing it with others and on their network. Sharing on different social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Linkedin can reach a wider audience.
- Cost-effective: Social media is always free to use; therefore, you do not need to spend money to drive traffic.
Here are a few tips to leverage social media and drive people to your blog:
- Create a profile with a short bio and a link to your blog. Every social media website allows people to add their blog links to their profiles.
- Share engaging content by repurposing your blog posts into graphics, infographics, and videos. Use tools like Canva to create videos and images.
- Engage other blogger’s posts by creating a meaningful conversation to gain attention.
- Post regularly to grow your network (avoid spamming) and use Hashtags to increase the reach to a wider audience.
- Join online groups (or communities) to increase your visibility on social media sites.
Just creating a social media profile, joining some groups, and sharing your post will not bring any results. First, learn to give and engage with others before expecting the same.
2. Guest Post on Relevant Blogs
Publishing posts on other blogs is an excellent strategy to promote your new blog. This process is known as guest posting or guest blogging.
Regularly publishing on other blogs lets you expose your brand and build your blog authority. Guest blogging helps new bloggers connect with other successful bloggers in the niche.
This process will bring referral traffic. For example, let’s say you publish a post on the Hubspot platform and it goes viral.
Nearly 1000 people read the post daily and visit your blog through a link included in the Hubspot post. Google rank that post, and people who land on that post will come to your blog (referral traffic).
Aim for at least one guest post every week from the beginning.
Let me share the procedure to get started with guest blogging:
- Find guest blogging opportunities by doing a Google search or by using backlink analysis tools like SEMRUSH, Moz, Ahrefs, etc.
- Establish a relationship with the blog owners because most grown bloggers and influencers take guest content from their known circle only. Therefore, try to connect with them first, before pitching for a guest post opportunity.
- Create an email campaign after collecting the list of sites (or blogs) and the contact details. Use email marketing services like Get Response, Aweber, Mailchimp, etc.
- After getting approval, start creating valuable content and add a link to your blog articles (to drive referral traffic).
Share the guest post on your social network and encourage readers to post their opinions for incredible growth.
3. Start a Blogger Outreach Campaign
Blogger outreach is a great strategy to promote your new blog this year. If you have just started a blog and have a few posts published, then start this campaign.
It involves the activity of reaching out to other bloggers and influencers in your niche and building relationships with them.
The primary objective of this campaign is to increase your new blog visibility and drive more traffic.
By implementing this strategy, you can get some quality backlinks to your new blog in return for a small fee, backlinks, product or service.
Here are some tips to start a blogger outreach campaign for promoting your first blog:
- Guest blogging is the best method to acquire high-quality backlinks and drive referral traffic to your blog. We have discussed this in detail above.
- Create some form of collaboration with other bloggers, such as co-authoring a blog post, creating a joint webinar or podcast, etc.
- Find influencers in your niche and reach out to them for a collaboration. You can easily find them on social media sites.
- By attending blogger networking events (online or offline) in your niche, you can meet other bloggers and build a relationship with them.
Implementing a blogger outreach strategy can increase the visibility of your new blog. Doing it consistently can build relationships with other bloggers and end in driving more traffic.
You can follow this method till you gain organic visibility for your newly started blog.
4. Participate in Online Forums
Online forums are virtual community platforms that let you interact, communicate, and contribute your knowledge to others.
Here, a group of people with similar niches share their knowledge, ask a question, (or) create a thread.
You too can participate by answering the questions, or even you can ask your blogging questions there.
It is two-way communication, and as a new blogger, you can find opportunities to drive instant traffic to your new blog.
Here are some tips to leverage online forums for driving people to your new blog:
- Search for forums that are related to your blogging niche. A simple Google search can help you easily find the forums.
- Create a profile by signing up for a free account using your email Id. Add your blog link to your Quora and Reddit profile.
- Participate in discussions, question and answer threads, and provide helpful information.
- Share your blog once you have established yourself as a valuable member of the community.
- A few forums allow their members to offer exclusive content and utilize such offers to drive more visitors.
Participating in online forums and sharing helpful information in a relevant and appropriate way can increase your new blog visibility.
At the same time, you should follow forum rules and guidelines as often as possible to maintain integrity. Forums follow strict rules to prevent spamming.
Forums allow new bloggers to connect with people of similar interests, grown bloggers, and influencers. It is a great way to promote your new blog.
5. Repurpose Your Blog Post
Repurposing your blog posts help new bloggers with more new methods to promote their new blog.
For example, you can create a video from your blog post and upload it to YouTube. People may land on your blog after watching the video.
Even, I repurpose my old blog posts to drive some traffic by turning them into carousels, slide shows, and YouTube shorts.
New bloggers can increase their blog traffic by repurposing the text content on their blogs. Repacking existing piece of content in a different format let you reach a new audience.
Here are some ways of repurposing your blog posts:
- Create a video and share it on platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, TikTok, and/or Instagram. Even you can upload them on your social media channels.
- Make an audio podcast by recording yourself reading the post and publishing it on other online platforms.
- Create weekly social media series by taking one blog post and breaking its content for at least six days.
- Turn your blog post into an ebook and use it as a lead magnet to encourage people to subscribe to your email list.
- Republish the repurposed blog post on other platforms like Medium, Tumblr, Hubspot, etc.
- Create images and share them on Pinterest.
Newbie bloggers can create a habit of repurposing their blog posts to reach new audiences till getting organic ranking.
Spend one day a week repurposing your blog post and make it a mandatory task to promote your new blog.
6. Take Part in Quora and Reddit
Even today, I put my active participation in Quora and Reddit platforms. I get some referral traffic and a few leads every week from these two platforms.
Hence, I insist every new blogger create a free account with Quora and Reddit. Add your blog link in the bio to drive a referral link.
Quora and Reddit provide excellent platforms for new bloggers to promote their new blogs.
Here are the steps to follow to drive visitors to your new blog from Quora and Reddit:
- Create a free account as the first step, and prepare a compelling profile with a link to your blog.
- Make it a daily obligation (or mandatory to-do list) to open Quora and answer the five most relevant questions.
- Same way, find Subreddits on a relevant topic of your blogging and engage yourself in the conversation. A minimum of five contributions is essential at your beginning.
- Do not add your blog link from day one because both platforms follow strict spam protection guidelines.
Try to post your genuine answers to help other users find a solution or solve a problem. Focus on solving the user problem at the beginning till you gain some reputation.
Then start adding a link in your Quora answers or Subreddit conversations. Ensure that it looks natural and does not manipulate users in any way.
Publishing great content is only a part of blogging. To generate revenue, you want to learn how to promote your new blog by driving traffic and generating revenue.
Implementing the above strategies which I shared from my experience helps you boost your new blog traffic.
Strategies like optimizing your new blog for search engines, guest blogging, and blogger outreach can increase your blog visibility greatly.
To attract more readers at your beginning stages, you need to repurpose your blog posts. Create videos, shorts, and carousels to target new audiences.
Remember, the key to success is not just producing valuable long-form content. Effective marketing and promotional strategies also have a crucial role in ranking a new blog.
The best key takeaway for new bloggers this year is to focus on building relationships with other bloggers and influencers in your niche.
Personal branding plays a crucial role in blogging success. The key is to be consistent and persistent by avoiding blogging mistakes.
Many people hesitate to blog because they were afraid to experiment and try new things.
It should not be in your case and following these methods can help you promote your new blog more effectively.
Finally, blogging turns out to be a successful business only if you put in the effort and hard work.
FAQ on Promoting Your New Blog
Promoting a new blog takes time to see consistent results. It may take approximately two months to several months to see decent visitors. Because your blog is brand new and no one knows that you exist. Even Google and other search engines need some time to understand your blog structure and content.
It depends on your intention however promoting a new blog does not require any investment. Still, if you sell any product or service through your blog, you may want to opt for paid advertisements like Google Adwords.
Yes, social media platforms do not charge money from bloggers to share their blog posts. They always insist new bloggers maintain integrity by sharing only engaging content and interacting with other people and followers. Simply, bloggers need to be more socialized to drive traffic.